Sunday, September 11, 2011

Paramilitary 2's galore!

For my 28th birthday a few weeks ago my father was awesome enough to buy me a Spyderco Paramilitary 2 knife, I love it!  It's such an amazing folder, a tiny bit big for EDC use but I still carry it.  It flicks open like no other and came wicked sharp right from the factory.  The first thing I cut with it was a huge rack of ribs when we went out for a birthday dinner. 

The grey one is a sprint run Para2 in CTS-20CP steel, a pretty wicked and rare find, I traded for it at the USN show last weekend.  Love this knife too, it's even sharper than the black one.

So, obviously, now that I have TWO paramilitary 2's, one or both of them need custom scales, and so do you.  Here's a vid just going over these knives and a few others:

Yesterday I tore the black one apart to see how difficult it will be to make scales for it, and although it does require milling on the inside, it shouldn't be a big deal at all for me to tackle.  First step is to digitize the handles inside and out, then onto designing them in CAD.  This vid shows my first tear down of this knife:

1 comment:

  1. Nice vids! I too have one of the Para 2 Grey sprints, and man I love that knife! Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete