Sunday, September 11, 2011

More Manix 2 videos!

This video I'm pretty proud of, while making a set of scales I set the camera on the tripod and shot 10 seconds of footage with every tool change, so that you get a good sense for what it takes to make these things.  The video is incredibly shorter than the actual process, which makes it great for shorter attention spans. 



This video shows some pockets that I made to the back of the handles to reduce the weight a bit, this actually takes 25% of the weight off of each handle!  And it brings the weight exactly even with G10, which is pretty awesome.  Later in the vid I strength test them, because the leftover area is pretty thin, so I jab it with a screwdriver trying to dent it:

Here I'm engraving a wicked biohazard logo onto the toxic green anodized Manix scales.  Using a 1/16" ballmill and around 4500rpm, it does a good job.  Normally I would flood this with coolant, but for the clarity of the video I left it dry.  I'm only cutting down 0.003", which is about the thickness of a human hair.

No comments:

Post a Comment