Friday, September 23, 2011

Engraving

I've been doing some cool engraving lately, it takes a long time (hours) to render the engraving and produce the code, but the actual engraving part only takes 10 minutes or so.

This is an AG Russel Acies knife that belongs to my buddy Shaun, together we anodized it to 45v which produced a light green almost yellow color, then I engraved it with this celtic cross that he provided.  Engraving Ti let me get super duper fine detail, and it turned out amazing!

This is one of my toxic green manix handles that I engraved with CustomSpyderco.com's logo, he's going to start carrying my scales in his store which will give me some good exposure in that part of Europe! 
Tomorrow I'm going to a Toronto area USN knife meet, and we were asked to provide a giveaway prize.  Shaun offered this survival container and did the foam pad with biohazard logo, and I did the engraving today.  Considering that the lid is stamped aluminum and nowhere near flat, I think the engraving came out pretty well.  It's really deep, but in a way that makes it look even cooler. 

No comments:

Post a Comment